CuLture , natureAndPeople - meeting points of Lithuania, The Czech Republic and Bulgaria
The project involves students and teachers from three European countries: Lithuania, the Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
It focuses on enhancing students’ learning skills and teachers’ professional skills, which in the long run would help them become lifelong learners. Taking into consideration the realities of the present day, the aim of the project is four-fold: first, to promote unconventional methods and non-traditional places of teaching and learning of different subjects; second, to raise students’motivation by capturing their attention and developing their self-confidence and readiness for effective learning results, collaboration and communication; third, to develop creative, responsible and open-minded personalities who are open to other cultures, are able to adopt innovative life and possess leadership qualities; and fourth, to develop knowledge and understanding among the young people and their teachers of the usefulness of Web 2.0 tools, Content Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) materials, as well as foreign language communication skills and native language competence.
The project's activities are divided into 4 topics:
1. Nature. We will have outdoor lessons in nature, where pupils will explore the surroundings; we will visit the 3 capitals of our countries to record/ take photos of the sights and collect information about the sites of attraction.
2. Culture. We will make traditional dishes, learn traditional songs/dances, participate in educational programmes of museums to learn about non-material heritage of the country, demonstrate Christmas presents and introduce to other traditions during video conferencing.
3. People.We will organise meetings with successful entrepreneurs, visit their companies, develop business plans and implement them.
4. International connections. We will make contacts with the embassies of our counties, visit them, interview the worker of the embassy. We will make presentations about famous people( R. Lyman, J. Basanavicius) who had connections with our countries.
To carry out the project we will use: project-based collaboration, peer learning, information activities, surveys and comparative analysis.
We have planned to present DVDs with methodology for lessons, illustrative films of lessons, research methods, photos of plants and their descriptions, mini cookery books with recipes to our schools' libraries, local education centres, we believe that good practices of the project might be used by other teachers without any expenses.
After the project higher learning motivation will increase by 30%; also, the development of leadership qualities, creativity and responsibility will be strengthened.
- Zdeňka Schejbalová- the teacher of English, Russian and Music
- Marek Janů (Janu)- the teacher of Biology, Geography
- Eva Pýchová-the teacher of Czech, Etics, Social Sciences
- Sevdalina Stoyanova - Biology Teacher
- Mariana Boshnakova - Geography Teacher
- Stefka Lyubenova - Teacher in English
- Desislava Todorova - Teacher in English
- Rositsa Sotirova - Chemistry Teacher
- Nadezhda Alexieva - History Teacher
- Irina Kostadinova - Biology Teacher